Pistachio Pudding (FP)
I hope this blesses you!You guys have flooded me with your favorite flavor requests, and I am doing my best to keep up! Today, I give you Pistachio Pudding! It is creamy and thick and delicious, and you can make this one an FP, Deep S, E or regular S! If you love Waldorf salad, add 1/4 cup crushed pineapple and your favorite on plan THM marshmallow (this will make it an E). If you need to have the creamyness of the whipped cream too, whip up about a quarter cup of heavy whipping cream and fold in to the pudding before adding pineapple and marshmallow (this will make it an xo). You can still make this pudding swapping the egg whites for any combination of whole eggs and egg whites for a very rich Deep S! And if the green color is off putting to you, you could use a natural food dye or skip it all together!I did have to add gluccie to this version to get it to thicken up correctly! Alternatives will be in the directions of the recipe! This Recipe Contains Affiliates
- 1 Fry Pan
- 1 cup Egg White
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 cup THM Whey Protein (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1/2 tsp Gluccie alternatives in instructions
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Pistachio Extract
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dynamic Duo Greens
- Scramble the egg whites in a non stick pan or use a spray of coconut oil if you have a pan that sticks. Gently, soft scramble them just until they are set. Do not over cook, this will cause a weird texture and flavor. You can microwave the eggwhites in a microwave safe container or steamer, check every minute to make sure they are not over cooking. You can also cook them in your cooking style blender although, I have not had luck with that!
- Add eggwhites to the blender
- Add all of the other ingredients to the blender. If you do not want to use Gluccie, you can bloom 1/2 tsp gelatin in your almond milk for a few minutes before you add it to your blender.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- If you want to make this a Waldorf Salad add a quarter cup of crushed pineapple and on plan THM marshmallow pieces to make this a great E!
This recipe will not set up as firmly as the chocolate recipe, but it should set enough to be quite scoopable! If you want something like a pie filling, I would add both the Gluccie and also add 1/2 tsp of bloomed gelatin (bloom in your almond milk). I have also seen people adding an extra half cup of egg whites to the recipe as written, but you risk an eggy flavored product. If you don't mind the flavor of custard though, you should go for it!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!