Tangy Almost Mayo FP
This mayo base is so versatile and can be used for spreads, dips, mayo and sour cream substitutes! The texture is smiilar to mayo and the thickness, and filling protein base hits all of the marks! This recipe contains very little fat and will fit in to any fuel type except deep s and you can use regular home made mayo or primal kitchen mayo for deep s! Let the flavors marry overnight in the fridge for the best flavor!This recipe contains Affiliate links
- 1 Fry Pan
- 1 cup Egg whites
- 2-3 T Lemon Juice
- 2-3 T Water (so it blends better)
- 1/2 tsp Gentle Sweet or another sweetner
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp White Miso Paste Mellos out the tang(optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 T Collagen (optional) Extra protein 🙂
- Gently Soft Scramble your eggs in a fry pan, you can also cook them in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl (about 2 minutes, stirring at 1 minute), or you could even use the "cook" setting on your blender to cook the egg while you are blending. DO NOT OVERCOOK YOUR EGGS. This will make an eggy flavor and a bad texture. Be very careful about how long you cook. They should be just set, not browning at all.
- Add all of your ingredients to the blender and blend the daylights out of it. I'm serious, blend longer than you think.
- Pour from the blender and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes (if you are impatient, eat it right away!) The spread/dip tastes best if its left overnight in the refrigerator! You could also use a half teaspoon of gluccie to thicken if you want.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!