Crispy Thai Brussels Sprouts
While visiting a restaurant in Duluth Minnesota a few years ago I had the most amazing spicy and crispy brussels sprouts! I spent a lot of time thinking about those brussels sprouts because they were honestly that good! I knew they were off plan and I just knew that I had to figure out a way to make them on plan! I did research on the flavors and found some other recipes that were close but just did not quite cut the mustard! After several different tweaks, these babies were born!
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 2T coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 2 T Water
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice about half a large lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of black pepper
- Himalayan salt
- Cut off the stems of your brussels sprouts, slice them in half and soak them until they are clean.
- Dry them off on a paper towel.
- Coat the brussels sprouts in the butter and a little salt to season.
- Place them in the airfryer at 350-390 depending on your airfryer (I do 380 in my Ninja Foodie) for 30-45 minutes checking frequently and tossing with tongs after 20 minutes. Airfry until they look crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- While the brussels sprouts are air frying add the remaining ingredients to a sauce pan and reduce. (approximately 5 minutes)
- Once the Brussels sprouts are tender inside and crispy outside take them out of the airfryer and toss in the reduction!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!