Quick Vanilla Pudding (fp)
*photo coming soon!As written, again, this is an FP. It is creamy and delicious with a hint of peanut butter flavor (it covers the egg custardy flavor- trust me!) I did have to add gluccie to this version to get it to thicken up correctly! Alternatives will be in the directions of the recipe! This Recipe Contains Affiliates
- Scramble the egg whites in a non stick pan or use a spray of coconut oil if you have a pan that sticks. Gently, soft scramble them just until they are set. Do not over cook, this will cause a weird texture and flavor. You can microwave the eggwhites in a microwave safe container or steamer, check every minute to make sure they are not over cooking. You can also cook them in your cooking style blender although, I have not had luck with that!
- Add eggwhites to the blender
- Add all of the other ingredients to the blender except coconut. If you do not want to use Gluccie, you can bloom 1/2 tsp gelatin in your almond milk for a few minutes before you add it to your blender.
- Top with Shredded coconut
- Eat it warm if you like, or chill for at least 30 minutes to cool down and set up a bit more. This will be good in the refrigerator covered for several days!
This recipe will not set up as firmly as the chocolate recipe, but it should set enough to be quite scoopable! If you want something like a pie filling, I would add both the Gluccie and also add 1/2 tsp of bloomed gelatin (bloom in your almond milk). I have also seen people adding an extra half cup of egg whites to the recipe as written, but you risk an eggy flavored product. If you don't mind the flavor of custard though, you should go for it!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!