Coach Nikki's FP Rhubarb Cake!
Are you stuck in the Heavy S rut? Want to eat rhubarb as often as possible while it is in season? Love finding new FP recipes that are so good even your husband says "Honey, this is delicious!" and he has no idea that its an FP!?
- 2/3 c THM Oat Fiber
- 1/3 c Egg Whites
- 1/3 c 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 c Gentle Sweet
- 1/3 c Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 c Chopped Rhubarb
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees
- Mix all ingredients together and spread in a coconut oil sprayed pie dish
- Spritz the top of the cake with coconut oil
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is starting to brown
- This is fantastic topped with a bit of Greek yogurt sweetened with gentle sweet and vanilla!
I have been attempting rhubarb recipes for a very long time since it is one of my favorite summer treats! As a stubborn loser, it was even more important to me to make this dessert an FP! The most important thing to remember is to use the THM brand Oat Fiber! Other brands do not compare to the THM brand and will not taste as good as THM! This recipe does have a bit of an Oat fiber texture if you eat it immediately but that improves with refrigeration!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This looks great! What ingredients do you use for the rhubarb mixture? Or just plain rhubarb, and if so, how much?
Have you tried this recipe with frozen rhubarb?
I haven’t but it should work!