Easy FP Chocolate Pudding
Maybe gluccie pudding or glycine glory pudding isn't your thing? Try this! Super easy, if you have egg whites on hand you will be in business! Make sure you check out the modifications for making this a Deep S or just a regular S! Watch the YouTube video attached to this recipe if you have questions! Its 9 minutes of fun and really awesome tips for EVERY Trim Healthy Mama! I would be so honored if you shopped through my THM Affiliate shopping link at no additional cost to you! https://store.trimhealthymama.com/?ref=210If you come up with any other awesome additions or modifications to this recipe, I would love to try them! This Recipe Contains Affiliate links. I was inspired by a very wonderful video on a Popular Keto Blogger Instagram Reel. If you would like to purchase any of Maria Emmrich's cookbooks or discover any of her original recipes you can find them here Maria Mind Body Health
- 1 Fry Pan
- 1 cup Egg whites Sub 3 whole eggs and 1/4c egg whites for Deep S
- 1 tsp MCT oil (optional) Add to the blender for an extra awesome Metabolism Boost! Don't worry, you will still be in FP or Deep S !
- 3 tbl Gentle Sweet- xylitol free for the best results (sub 1T super sweet if desired- may be gritty or not thick using super sweet or regular gentle sweet)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla, maple extract, chocolate extract, or banana extract.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder Rodelle Brand is my favorite here! High Quality cocoa makes a difference!
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other boxed nut milk Use a little less if you make the egg white only version!
- Sub 1/4 cup THM strawberry Whey protein or Vanilla protein for flavors other than cocoa! (sub for cocoa) Try out the Hemp protein too!
- Sub To make this a yummy E make the Egg white version and add sliced banana!
- Sub Peanut Powder or Half Peanut Powder for a peanut or chocolate peanut variety! (replacing the cocoa powder)
- Optional Top any version with Berries to make this a very nice low calorie S (if you use the whole egg version)
- Gently Soft Scramble your eggs in a fry pan, you can also cook them in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl or steamer (about 2 minutes, stop at 1 minute to stir), or you could even use the "cook" setting on your blender to cook the egg while you are blending. DO NOT OVERCOOK YOUR EGGS. This will make an eggy flavor and a bad texture. Be very careful about how long you cook. They should be just set, not browning at all.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth! Scrape down and blend again.
- Chill for 30 minutes
- If your pudding isn't setting up, you can add 1/2 tsp of gluccie or xanthan gum.
Some people have been reporting a grainy-ness or a pudding that doesn't set up. I am not a professional recipe writer lol!!! What I have determined may be the cause is the cocoa powder and sweetener. I use the Rodelle brand cocoa powder (I get it from Costco- if you have a business center it's in stock year round!) and I used Xylitol free Gentle sweet for the pictured recipe. I do think that is the key to thick, creamy , gritless pudding! Also, make sure you aren't over cooking your eggs. Scramble (cook) them to just set in the pan. You don't want to over cook as that may change the texture! -I made this recipe using whey protein as a flavor substitution. Be aware, it will still taste good, but may not get as thick as the original recipe. Also, blend everything except the protein powder, add that at the very end after you have everything all creamed together, otherwise it will get fluffy! If you have other questions feel free to message me!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!