Coach Nikki's Banana Pudding (FP, S, or E)
As written, again, this is an FP. It is creamy and delicious with a hint of peanut butter flavor (it covers the egg custardy flavor- trust me!) I did have to add gluccie to this version to get it to thicken up correctly! Alternatives will be in the directions of the recipe! This Recipe Contains Affiliates
- 1 Fry Pan
- 1 cup Egg White
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tbs Peanut Flour
- 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 cup THM Whey Protein (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1/2 tsp Gluccie alternatives in instructions
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Banana Extract
- 1/4 banana Optional for E version!
- 1/4 bag High Key Nilla Wafers (optional for S version only)
- Scramble the egg whites in a non stick pan or use a spray of coconut oil if you have a pan that sticks. SUB 3 whole eggs and 1/4 c egg whites fr the deep s version. Gently, soft scramble them just until they are set. Do not over cook, this will cause a weird texture and flavor. You can microwave the egg whites in a microwave safe container or steamer, check every minute to make sure they are not over cooking. You can also cook(about 2 minutes, stop at 1 minute to stir) them in your cooking style blender although, I have not had luck with that!
- Add eggwhites to the blender
- Add all of the other ingredients to the blender. If you do not want to use Gluccie, you can bloom 1/2 tsp gelatin in your almond milk for a few minutes before you add it to your blender.
- If you want an E use the 1/4 banana, and top with banana if desired. If you want Deep S, skip the real banana and use only the extract. For regular S, make this recipe with egg whites, extract, no banana, but top with High Key nilla wafers!
- Eat it warm if you like, or chill for at least 30 minutes to cool down and set up a bit more. This will be good in the refrigerator covered for several days!
This recipe will not set up as firmly as the chocolate recipe, but it should set enough to be quite scoopable! If you want something like a pie filling, I would add both the Gluccie and also add 1/2 tsp of bloomed gelatin (bloom in your almond milk). I have also seen people adding an extra half cup of egg whites to the recipe as written, but you risk an eggy flavored product. If you don't mind the flavor of custard though, you should go for it!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!